How to make a photography website?
As a photographer, having your own website is really a must. There simply is no better way to advertise your services and show off your skills.
Once your website is up and running it takes care of the job of finding new clients for you, while you’re out and about taking beautiful photographs.
And setting up your own professional website is easier than you might think, especially if you’re using an online website builder. This short video shows you how it works:
By the way, this is the site that was being created in the video. We used Jimdo’s website builder to make it.
- The site can be updated without any programming skills
- Relatively small site (about 5 to 20 pages)
- Photo gallery or portfolio feature
- Plenty of storage space for high-quality image files
- Social media integration (e.g. Facebook, Flickr,…)
- Option for password-protected client access
- Domain name and email account included
- Attractive design templates (optimized for mobile devices)
- Possibility to optimize for search engines
- Blog option
- Technical support offered by the provider
- Cost: US $5–12 per month, up to $25 with e-commerce
You don’t need
- Membership pages with login and different levels of access for different user groups
- Ability to manage hundreds of individual pages
- Forum integration