Shopify Plus is an enterprise solution for businesses that break the barriers of the highest standard plan “Advanced Shopify”. So before considering stepping into the big league of ecommerce, you should have a quick look at their standard plans. They are considerably less expensive and you can always upgrade to a higher plan.
If you want to learn about some of the basic features, don’t miss our detailed Shopify review.
7 reasons to upgrade to Shopify Plus
Ok, so you are a high volume merchant and have a pretty significant business. In other words your store makes about $500k+ per year in revenue or has a high-growth trajectory. Where can Shopify Plus make your life easier? Let’s start with some typical problems that you might experience:
- Scalability and reliability issues – Your current hosting environment has reached its limits. High traffic peaks bring your online store down.
- Costs are high – Your hosting and development costs shoot through the roof.
- Not enough time – There’s only a little time window to set up the online store.
- Channel restrictions – Your online store can’t be integrated directly into other on- /offline sales channels (e.g. Facebook, other websites, store offline payment).
- Lack of flexibility – Your ecommerce platform is too restrictive. Adding new features is rather complicated, expensive and time consuming.
- Design restrictions – The platform you use is powerful, but it comes with many design restrictions.
- Poor support – You pay a lot of money, but you don’t feel happy with the support you receive.
Does one or more of these issues sound familiar? Well, then let’s see what other requirements get covered exclusively in this enterprise solution.
What you will get only in Shopify Plus
Not only can Shopify Plus easily handle these issues, it also comes with some exclusive features that you might need. Let’s give you a brief overview:
- Cart Scripting – You’ll have full access to the cart scripting logic. Implementing complex or special rules (individual discounts, etc) for the checkout can be done.
- High-performing APIs – You will have access to exclusive APIs like Multipass. This makes selling articles via several websites even easier since users have to login only once.
- Checkout customization – Buyers will checkout on your domain and you can also customize the whole look via the Liquid template language.
- Internationalization – The standard plans are basically made for online shops in one language. You can only add a translation through an app. However, this is not very elegant. The Plus plan will give you two additional installations that can be synced with each other via the API.
- Avalara Tax integration – Taxes are complicated and there are too many. This tool, however, makes it much easier to do it right if your business is in the United States.
- Enterprise Roadmap – Shopify never stops adding new features to its ecommerce platform. As a Plus customer they will be automatically available. No need to upgrade!
How’s the setup process for Shopify Plus?
First of all, it doesn’t matter if you already have a Shopify store or you want to open a new one. Feel free to ask the Shopify Gurus any question. When you think that their solution is the right choice, Shopify will accompany you in all three phases:
- Transition – a dedicated team will help you to make the transition as smoothly as possible. They will help you avoid typical technical traps and minimize your development time.
- Success – Merchant Success Managers will help you maximize potential and develop an ongoing success strategy.
- 24/7 Priority Support – You have any question? Ask support. As a Shopify Plus customer you’re always on the priority list to get the fastest response.
Tell me about the Shopify Plus pricing now!
This powerful platform and service have, of course, a price. As mentioned in the intro, you have to expect a whopping increase of at least $1700 added to the highest standard plan. This means that your store will cost at least $2000 / month. This can vary depending on your project.
However, the formula is easy. The reliability and Shopify service guarantee no lost sales on a game day. Exclusive APIs and implementations like Avalara make selling even easier, since you can focus more on other things like SEO strategy, pricing optimization, campaigns etc.
More than 1000 companies and brands use Shopify Plus (e.g. Procter & Gamble, WWF, Subway, Tesla, Red Bull).
Shopify Plus Showcase
Since we have talked so much about what you need and what you get, it’s time to talk about some real projects that use Shopify Plus.
LA Lakers Store
The basketball team partnered up with AEG Merchandise, which takes care of all their sales. They were struggling with a platform that reached its limits, so they needed a quick solution and a smooth transition with the season starting in 2013.
Even though Shopify Plus is made for stores that make more than half a million a year, the enterprise solution was a perfect match for the famous encyclopedia. Wikipedia’s editor base was declining, so they wanted to offer merchandise to its community for a low price. This would help the non-profit organization create better brand awareness.
Zagat Awards (by Google)
The search engine giant Google acquired the restaurant reviewer Zagat in 2011. However, the company needed another online shop system since their security and privacy requirements were quite restrictive. Shopify’s team could clarify all doubts and managed to set up a future-proof online store with Google.
If you want to know more about Shopify Plus, we also recommend you have a look at their website. hey will explain even more about their enterprise solution and you can live chat with the staff for further enquiries.
Last update: 25 Oct 2017 |